Vasa Order of America - Scholarships
The Grand Lodge
2015 Scholarship and Essay Contest
The Grand Lodge of the Vasa Order of America offers the following to students attending or planning to attend institutions of higher education.
Eight $1,000 COLLEGE or VOCATIONAL SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS: awarded to students to continue their education at an institution of higher learning.
Applicant for the above scholarships must have become a Vasa member prior to February 15, 2014.
Applications are available at the Vasa website until January 15, 2015.
To be eligible, the following items must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2015 to be considered.
1. Completed application.
2. Complete transcripts of grades through the first half of the senior year for high school students or fall semester of current academic year for college students.
3. Current passport style photo (on photo quality paper, preferably 2”x3”).
4. A letter of recommendation from applicant’s Local Lodge.
5. Letters of recommendation from two personal references.
6. A letter of reference from your Dean, Principal, Teacher or Counselor.
7. An original, typed essay, not to exceed 1,000 words.
Please put in one envelope if possible
Suggested Essay Subjects
1. The role youth can and should play in Vasa.
2. My vision of the future of Vasa.
3. My local lodge and the community.
4. What Vasa means to me.
5. My Swedish Heritage
AWARDS ARE PAYABLE TO the institution in which the student is enrolled or accepted for enrollment. To qualify for the $1,000 College or Vocational School Scholarship, a student needs to be enrolled in an accredited vocational school or institution of higher learning taking no less than six (6) credits per semester or eight (8) credits per quarter in the academic year immediately following the award. In extraordinary circumstances, on petition to the Grand Lodge Scholarship Committee, payment may be postponed for a period not to exceed two years.
Vice Grand Master
31 Vasa Dr.
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Phone: (973) 426-0776